Meet Camp Guide- Sue Bragg

What is your experience working outdoors?

I started hiking and camping when I was a teenager, and later worked for about 8 years as an outdoor guide. I led canoeing & backpacking expeditions in Florida, Minnesota, Maine, and New York.  Now I live in Maine full-time, and my outdoor time is for fun: I like to hike, cross-country ski, and want to learn sea-kayaking. I have my current Wilderness First Responder. 

What is your experience with kids?

All of my trip-leading experience has been with middle- and high-schoolers. More recently I have been working as a case manager and behavioral health professional for kids  of all ages with mental health needs. 

What is a interesting fact about you?

I had the chance to participate in the fasting aspect of Ramadan while in the Peace Corps in Morocco.  No eating or drinking all day... in the desert... in August! It was both one of the most unpleasant and one of the most wonderful months of my life.

What are you excited about?

It is really exciting, as an educator, when you get to learn alongside your students.  As this will be my first time working in Indiana, I look forward to exploring the landscape with the campers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gear and Flame Week Fall 2018

Lagoon Outlook Garden Ribbon Cutting

Build Grant Critical Mass Update